Drawing mostly just from chapter 4, about personality and the folkish state, I find myself completely at a loss of reasons why anyone would listen to this man. First of all, they way in which he talks about everything in such a systematical, almost quasi-scientific way is absurd. He creates these links and justifications for his theories which are just so ridiculous. He starts off by discussing, essentially, darwinism. The idea that the strongest, the best minds as he puts it, should lead the rest, and in his eyes that only allows the Aryans a chance. He goes on to totally belittle every socialist ideal about balancing the rich and poor and giving the people more of a say in what happens with a state because it weakens the society as a whole. He alines this with the idea that a weakened people will not have a "guaranty of continued existence, far less of any claim to greatness" (443).
WHY WOULD ANYONE GO ALONG WITH THAT IDEA?! I mean, I see that he's trying to make it a scientific thing. I see that the rich and those with power would probably be all for it, but why would a nation of workers, mixed race people go with this? I'm not really for communism either to be totally honest, but the way Hitler totally just belittles and degrades the masses is insane. I don't get why this would be a strategic thing to say unless he were only trying to get the wealthy aristocracy behind him.Can anyone explain to me why as a person belonging to the masses you would totally back Hitler? Did they not read Mein Kampf? Did Hitler not actively say these things in his speeches? Was this not widely known about Hitler?
I agree with you. I truly do not understand how people could possibly agree with Mein Kampf. I especially thought it was difficult to digest when Hitler starts talking about not just blaming the Jews and Marxism anymore but actually trying to avoid the impurity of the Aryan race and how cross breeding leads to polluting of the pure race. I found it ridiculous that Hitler refers to people as 'cross breeding' as if they are animals, and in fact that is what Hitler believes them to be. I think there are two possible reasons he does this the first is maybe there is some tiny part of him that feels a little bit guilty so he has to dehumanize people (doubtful but rationally makes sense) or he refers to people like this because he thinks he sounds smart and scientific (which is false he really sounds like an ignorant pompous ass who has no idea what he's talking about). Never the less people believed HItler and although there are some justifications, the political, cultural, and economic climate, there is really no way to forgive it.
ReplyDeleteCommenting on Hitler's ideas about darwinism and the best most fit surviving, it is just ridiculous. Economically it makes no sense. Since Jews were the only ones allowed to make money off money lending in terms of economics they were "most fit." How then did Hitler conjure up ideas that the Aryan race was the most pure and superior? Although hard for us to believe it is the same as slavery in the US. People truly believed that blacks were inferior and had no better purpose than to be slaves. The only difference is that Americans did not want to obliterate the black race but just use them as free labor. Hitler on the other hand really only wanted the Aryan race to prevail. Extinction of the Jews was his plan. Clearly, he believed in this logic and so did so many others.
ReplyDelete